Veritas University, situated in Abuja, Nigeria, is a private institution that was established in 2002 by Catholic Archbishop John Onaiyekan. It offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including medicine and surgery.
For the academic year 2023/2024, Veritas University’s tuition fees for medicine and surgery vary based on the student’s level of study.
- First-year students: N500,000 per semester
- Subsequent years: N450,000 per semester
In addition to tuition, students are required to pay several other fees:
- Acceptance fee: N60,000
- Registration fee: N10,000
- Library fee: N10,000
- Health insurance fee: N5,000
- Sports fee: N5,000
- ID card fee: N1,000
Total Cost of Attendance:
The overall cost for medicine and surgery students at Veritas University depends on their level of study.
- First-year students: Estimated between N750,000 and N850,000 per year
- Subsequent years: Estimated between N700,000 and N800,000 per year
Financial Aid Options:
Veritas University offers various financial aid choices to support students in funding their education. These options include:
- Merit scholarships: Given to students with outstanding academic performance.
- Need-based scholarships: Awarded to students demonstrating financial need.
- Loans: Multiple loan options to assist in paying for education.
- Work-study: A program allowing students to earn money to contribute towards their education costs.
Applying for Financial Aid:
To apply for financial aid at Veritas University, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online at www.fafsa.gov.
Veritas University provides affordable and competitive medical education in Nigeria. With a range of financial aid options available, students can pursue their dreams of becoming medical professionals without the burden of high costs. For detailed information, visit the university’s official website.