Public health is an emerging academic discipline in Nigeria, and its popularity is on the rise. Many Nigerian students are showing a keen interest in pursuing a career in public health. If you’re considering this field, it’s important to know the universities offering public health programs at both the undergraduate and Masters degree levels.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs:
Several universities in Nigeria offer Bachelor’s degree programs in public health. Here are some of them:
- Babcock University: Located in Nigeria, Babcock University provides a comprehensive public health program.
- National Open University of Nigeria: This university also offers a degree program in public health.
- Madonna University Nigeria: You can pursue a public health degree at Madonna University Nigeria.
- Federal University of Technology Owerri: This university offers a program in public health for those interested.
Masters Degree Programs:
For those seeking to further specialize in public health, there are Masters degree programs available at various universities in Nigeria:
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife: Offers a Master’s degree in public health.
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria: Provides a Master’s program in public health.
- University of Ibadan: This university has a Master’s degree program in public health.
- University of Lagos: Offers a specialized Master’s program in public health.
- University Of Port Harcourt: Provides an advanced degree in public health.
- Babcock University: Also offers a Master’s degree in public health.
- University of Calabar: Provides a specialized Master’s program in public health.
- University of Ilorin: Offers an advanced degree program in public health.
Public Health Nursing Science Programs:
If you’re interested in combining public health with nursing, there are specific programs available:
- Abia State College of Health Technology, ABA
- Cross Rivers State College of Health Technology, Calabar
- Delta State School of Health Technology, Ugheli
- Kwara State College of Health Technology, Offa
- Ogun State College of Health Technology, Ilese Ijebu
- School of Health Technology, Akure
- Shehu Idris College of Health Technology, Makarfi (North West)
For more detailed information about admission requirements and specific program offerings, it’s recommended to visit the official websites of the universities you’re interested in. Additionally, you can refer to the JAMB brochure to ensure you meet the necessary criteria for admission.
As public health continues to gain prominence in Nigeria, pursuing a degree in this field can open doors to a rewarding and impactful career. Whether you’re interested in a Bachelor’s or Masters degree program, there are options available to help you embark on your journey in public health education.