Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) is a private university situated in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. It was founded in 2009 by Afe Babalola, a Nigerian lawyer and philanthropist. The university is recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC) of Nigeria and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs spanning various fields like law, medicine, engineering, business, and the arts.
Applying for Admission to ABUAD To apply for admission to ABUAD, the process is conducted online. Prospective students need to create an account on the ABUAD website and then complete and submit their application form along with supporting documents. The application form can be found on the university’s website and requires details about academic qualifications, extracurricular activities, and a personal statement. Candidates must also provide their O’Level and/or A’Level results, as well as UTME results.
Application deadlines for ABUAD are generally in May or June each year. Successful applicants are informed of their admission through email.
Admission Process Overview Once the application form is submitted, candidates are invited to take a computer-based test (CBT) which assesses their academic abilities. Passing the CBT leads to an interview to gauge suitability for the chosen program.
Admitted students are required to pay the acceptance fee and demonstrate their financial capability. A medical report and clearance letter from their previous school are also prerequisites for admission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about ABUAD Admission
- Admission Requirements: Admission prerequisites vary based on the chosen program. Nonetheless, all applicants must possess a minimum of five O’Level credits, including English Language and Mathematics. Medical program candidates must also secure a minimum of two A’Level passes.
- Application Deadline: Typically, the application window for ABUAD closes in May or June annually. However, it’s advisable to verify the most current information on the university’s website.
- Tuition Fees: Tuition fees fluctuate depending on the specific program. On average, undergraduate programs cost around N500,000 per year.
- Accommodation: ABUAD provides diverse on-campus accommodation options encompassing single rooms, shared rooms, and apartments. Accommodation costs differ according to the type of lodging chosen.
- Extracurricular Activities: ABUAD presents a plethora of extracurricular opportunities, such as sports, clubs, and societies. These activities facilitate students’ growth beyond the classroom, fostering the development of interests and skills.
Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) stands as a renowned Nigerian private university offering a range of academic programs. Aspiring students can apply online, navigate through the admission process involving tests and interviews, and enjoy a variety of extracurricular activities once admitted. For those seeking comprehensive information, the university’s official website is a valuable resource.