Kampala International University (KIU) is a prestigious private university situated in Uganda, established in 2002. The university provides a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various fields including business, law, education, health sciences, and social sciences.
KIU offers a selection of bachelor’s degree programs, some of the popular ones include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
KIU also offers postgraduate courses at master’s and doctoral levels. Notable options include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration
To apply for a course at KIU, you must complete an application form, submit official transcripts from previous institutions, a letter of recommendation, and pay an application fee.
- Tuition fees at KIU vary by course and level of study. Refer to the KIU website for detailed information.
- Admission requirements depend on the chosen course and level of study. Visit the KIU website for specifics.
- KIU offers diverse scholarship opportunities for students globally. Check the KIU website for more details.
- Living costs in Kampala fluctuate based on lifestyle, averaging between $500-$1000 per month for rent, food, transportation, and other expenses.
Kampala International University is a prestigious choice for a high-quality education in Uganda. With a wide array of courses and programs, a vibrant atmosphere, and dedication to academic excellence, KIU offers an appealing option for prospective students.
- Kampala International University ranks 501-600 in Africa according to the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- KIU is accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) in Uganda.
- KIU boasts strong academic programs, a diverse student body, and a commitment to social responsibility.
- One potential weakness is its relative newness compared to some older universities in Uganda.
,Kampala International University presents an attractive opportunity for students seeking quality education in a lively and cosmopolitan setting