If you’re considering studying nursing at Evangel University in Makurdi, you’re in the right place. In this blog article, we’ll dive into the tuition and fees for the nursing program for the upcoming academic year, as well as some important factors that can influence the overall cost of attending.
Nursing School Fees at Evangel University
The cost of the nursing program at Evangel University varies depending on whether you’re a full-time undergraduate student or have a different status. For full-time undergraduate students, the tuition for the nursing program is N361,800.00 per year. This covers all the necessary courses for your nursing degree, along with fees for services like the library and health center.
In addition to tuition, there are several other fees that students need to consider, such as:
- Acceptance fee: N50,000.00
- Accreditation fee: N30,000.00
- Health science (laboratory/practicals) fee: N15,000.00
- Library fee: N5,000.00
- ICT fee: N15,000.00
- Development fee: N25,000.00
- Hostel fee: N40,000.00
- ID card fee: N5,000.00
The total cost of attending Evangel University’s nursing program can vary based on different factors, including your housing and meal plan choices. On average, you should expect to pay around N400,000.00 per year for tuition and fees.
Factors Influencing the Cost of Attendance
Apart from tuition and fees, several other factors can impact the overall cost of attending Evangel University:
- Housing: Students have the option to live on campus or off campus. Typically, on-campus housing is pricier than off-campus alternatives.
- Meal Plan: Students can decide whether to opt for a meal plan or cook for themselves. Meal plans usually cost more than self-cooking.
- Books and Supplies: You’ll need to purchase books and supplies for your classes. Costs can vary based on your major.
- Transportation: Depending on where you live, you might need to consider transportation costs. This could include buying a car or using public transportation.
FAQs about Evangel University
1. What Are the Admission Requirements for the Nursing Program?
Applicants need a minimum GPA of 3.0 and completion of prerequisite courses like biology, chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. Passing the NursingCAS exam is also necessary.
2. What Are the Job Prospects for Nursing Graduates?
The job outlook for nurses is promising. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for registered nurses is expected to grow by 15 percent from 2020 to 2030, due to increasing demand for healthcare services.
3. What Are the Benefits of Attending Evangel University?
Evangel University is a private Christian institution known for its strong academics, commitment to Christian values, and picturesque campus. They offer various student services, including career guidance, financial aid, and tutoring.
Feel free to share this informative blog post with anyone interested in pursuing nursing studies at Evangel University