Studying accounting in Nigeria can be highly competitive, with only a few state polytechnics offering the program. The National University Council (NUC) sets strict minimum requirements for this course, making it challenging for many institutions to meet the standards. However, we have compiled a list of state polytechnics that offer undergraduate and postgraduate programs in accountancy, as well as some that provide professional courses like ACCA and ICAN.
List of State Polytechnics Offering Accounting:
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia
- Ogun State Institute of Technology, Igbesa
- Osun State Polytechnic, Iree
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi
- Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori
- Sokoto State Polytechnic, Sokoto
This list may not cover all polytechnics offering accounting in Nigeria, and it is advisable to check with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) or National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) for the latest information.
We hope this list helps aspiring accounting students find suitable institutions to pursue their education. Remember to verify the details with official sources for up-to-date information. Studying accounting can lead to a rewarding career, and we wish all students the best of luck in their academic journey.